• Review lease agreement with regard to the Work Letter and building improvements.
• Develop and manage project budget in relation to design outcomes, construction scope, and construction schedule.
• Provide budgets that aid in lease negotiation.
• Schedule weekly meetings and create meeting minutes format to capture key decisions and outcomes as well as identify key decision response deadlines.
• Provide construction leadership during the design process including the schematic, design development, and construction documentation phases.
• Process meeting minutes for all meetings to capture key decisions and outcomes, as well as identify key decision response deadlines.
• Maintain project schedule with timeline management for all identified project phases.
• Reconfirm projected budget construction scope and schedule.
• Identify long lead items and facilitate early acquisition as required.
• Lead with value engineering process as to help align the design outcomes with the project budget. These measures are weighed against the project goals identified in the pre-design phase.
• Identify program processes for communication with regard to approvals, reporting and submittals, accounting and implementation, and executive summaries.
• Lead competitive bid process with pre-approved specialty contractors.
• Site Visits - Complete an investigation of existing site to determine any potential issues.
• Develop a detailed final project estimate based on firm bids from specialty trades.
• Provide a Master Project Schedule to identify and monitor approvals and key milestones for all phases of the project, including Real Estate, Design, Permitting, Construction, FF&E installation, Commissioning and Start-up, and all Critical Path issues.
• Lead construction effort on behalf of clients' interests.
• Manage project control budget in relation to final design documents.
• Identify process for communication between building management architect, and the client with respect to documentation, submittals, and approvals.
• Direct construction team meetings regularly throughout the construction process.
• Manage Change Order process including quantifying and qualifying all COs and presenting them for approval.
• Lead all construction activities to ensure quality workmanship is being carried out by all trades and vendors.
• Process monthly pay applications including managing all lien waivers, partial lien waivers, and retention.
• Project Acceptance and Punch List – Coordinate the project punch list and ensure that the project is inspected and any deficiencies repaired prior to final turnover to client.
• Manage the close out process and ensure that all close out documentation is provided.